What’s Trending In Home Remodeling In 2021?
2020 was a year that shifted our perspective and turned our lives upside down. Everyone is spending most of their time at home, and that is why they are remodeling and renovating their homes. According to a recent study:
By 2025, almost thirty-six million Americans will be working remotely
87% more people are now working from home than before
That is why it is no surprise that people are taking on home remodeling projects. If you also plan on remodeling your home, here are some of the 2021 trends to look out for.
1. Working Space Since many people are working from home, they are trying to recreate the work environment at their homes. 2020 has seen a significant increase in the demand for workspace remodeling at home. People are focusing on creating functional and multi-purpose spaces that allow them to work from home. The home office is designed so that its primary aim is to maximize productivity and focus. If you are also working from home, you need a proper workspace that allows you to concentrate. You will need colors, furniture, and decoration that help you enhance your physical and mental state to work effectively. 2. Recreational Rooms People are now spending most of their time at home. That is why family rooms, entertainment rooms, and recreational rooms have been the biggest trend of 2020 home remodeling. Everyone needs entertainment, and they are looking to maximize their home’s space to include this function. Basement and attic remodeling projects have seen the biggest surge. So, if you are also bored at home and need some entertainment, a recreational room is an ideal choice for you. At Gilmer's Home Improvements, we provide the best home remodeling solutions.
3. Outdoor Areas Not everyone is comfortable spending time with other people in enclosed spaces anymore. They feel that outdoor areas are much safer and comfortable. That is why many outdoor spaces worldwide are going through a complete transformation right now. People want outdoor spaces in their homes to be functional, cozy, and inviting. You can also transform your outdoor space to invite people, have outdoor parties, and enjoy good weather days. You can also add luxury outdoor items to enhance your experiences, such as a pool, hot tub, and much more. 4. Home Gyms Gyms have been shut down for the better part of the year. That is because indoor gyms are a hotbed for the spread of Covid-19. Of course, that hasn’t stopped people from ensuring their fitness journey stays on track. People are investing in home gyms because they want to include movement and be fit even during such times. It allows them to cope, move their body, and stay in shape. Many individuals even took up this hobby during the quarantine. So, if you are a fitness enthusiast and you want to take your fitness journey to the next level, you can greatly benefit from creating a home gym for yourself.
5. Multigenerational Households The value of family and togetherness has been clear to many people in this past year. That will continue in 2021, too, as everyone wants to be close to their families. There has been a significant rise in demand for multigenerational homes. Properties are being remodeled to accommodate different generations, such as grandparents, grandchildren, and many others. It allows people to save money and have some peace of mind when it comes to looking after the health of older family members. If you have grandparents living in your home, you can remodel it to suit their needs and preference.
6. Incorporating Eco-Friendly Solutions Eco-friendly solutions have been on the rise for many years, but it is only last year that this trend has increased tenfold.
That is because 2020 opened our eyes and showed that we need to incorporate environmentally-friendly solutions in our life. Here are how many people are incorporating this trend:
HVAC and insulation upgrades
And much more
There is also a chance that potential tax incentives will be introduced for people to undertake an eco-friendly renovation. So, we can expect this home remodeling trend to last for a long time to come.
7. Creating A Bathroom Sanctuary Are you guilty of running to your bathroom for some alone time when life gets a little tough? If you are, then you are not alone. According to a last year’s study, more than 40% of homeowners have renovated their bathrooms to be more relaxing. Homeowners have added small upgrades to achieve this aim for the bathroom. These include steam showers, bathtub fillers, aromatherapy shower heads, and much more. It allows people to get away from everything and relax in the sanctuary of their bathroom.
8. Natural Wood Finishes Spaces drenched in sunlight and have natural elements have been the highlight of home remodeling in the last few years. Such a trend is only going upwards as more people want to incorporate such elements in their homes. Instead of art deco elements, there is a shift towards natural wood finishes and other such natural elements. Adding such elements to the home makes it look spacious, bright, and cozy. If you want to brighten up your space with more sunlight and nature, you should also opt for wood finishing during your home remodeling. It will make your home look inviting and much more comfortable to be in.
These are the top eight home remodeling trends of 2021. If you want your home to look revamped and updated, you can incorporate any of these changes. They are there to make your home more relaxed and calm so you can enjoy your time at home as much as possible.
Gilmer's Home Improvements LLC can take care of any repairs inside your home. After all, your remodeling efforts will require an installation and repair contractor.
So, choose the trends that speak to you the most and start the transformation of your home now.